VODAFONE BRINGS 4G TO BLANDFORD FORUM
Vodafone UK has started to roll out its 4G in Blandford Forum this week, whilst also making improvements to its 3G network. The arrival of 4G means all customers with compatible devices and bundles will be able to connect to the internet more quickly, more reliably and in more places than ever before. 4G services will also help businesses improve productivity by enabling employees to work where they want to, when they want to.
P3 Connect, one of the world’s leading independent mobile network testing companies, recently reported Vodafone was the UK’s number one network for voice*, meaning more calls get through on Vodafone’s network, are connected faster and with great speech quality.
Vodafone has invested more than £2 billion in its network and services since 2014 and expects to spend another £2 billion on them over the next three years. In a sign of its confidence in the strength of its network, Vodafone recently introduced a Network Satisfaction Guarantee giving new and upgrading customers a 30 day trial to experience for themselves the quality of the network before they fully commit to Vodafone.
Vodafone is also leading the industry in developing innovative approaches to the challenge of poor coverage in rural areas. Our Rural Open Sure Signal programme has brought 3G coverage to 84 rural communities across the UK over the last two years; we now plan to build on that success with our new Community Indoor Sure Signal initiative*. For more information on how to apply visit www.vodafone.uk/CISS100
Simon Hoare, MP for North Dorset, commented: “This announcement is great news for each and every resident and business in Blandford. One of my top priorities has been to increase 4G coverage across North Dorset. This is an important step forward and I’m really grateful to Vodafone.”
– ends –
Notes to Editors
- *As independently tested by P3 Connect. Four major UK networks tested 21.09 – 04.10.2016. Vodafone is the UK’s #1 network for voice: The “BEST IN TEST” seal is awarded by P3 Connect. P3’s annual testing reflects the results of network performance assessed independently between 21 September and 4 October 2016, where four operators were tested in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Coverage may vary. For verification see vodafone.co.uk/network
- Customers can check Vodafone’s current and planned coverage at vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/index.htm
- Coverage ambitions assume that Vodafone can obtain planning permission, gain access to land or buildings to place equipment and provide connectivity to masts.
Vodafone Community Indoor Sure Signal programme
- There is still time for people to apply for the Vodafone Community Indoor Sure Signal programme, which is focused on providing reliable, indoor mobile coverage and internet access within local hubs such as independent or community run pubs and shops, village halls, scout huts, doctor’s surgeries or visitor centres. Applicants do not need reliable mobile coverage to qualify for the programme.
- Vodafone will provide a successful applicant with an Open Sure Signal box similar in size to a ROSS unit so that both employees and visitors to the community hubs will be able to make and receive calls as well as use mobile data over a mini 3G network. For the technology to work a centre requires an existing broadband connection with unlimited broadband package, download speeds of at least 4Mbps download and 2Mbps upload speeds and a power source (normal 3-pin plug). The applicant will also require the broadband bill payer’s permission.
- Further information and application details are available at vodafone.uk/CISS
Vodafone Home Broadband
- Vodafone has removed line rental charges for new and upgrading fibre optic home broadband customers – they will still receive a landline and enjoy the benefits, but won’t have to pay a penny for it.
- Vodafone’s Unlimited Fibre Broadband 38 is now the lowest price for unlimited fibre broadband in the UK market vs major broadband providers and best pricing has been reserved for existing mobile customers who will save an additional £3 per month.
- All fibre broadband packages are unlimited and deliver high speed broadband across the UK.
For our most recent price comparisons, further details and terms see www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband