- Vodafone 4G now available in more destinations across the world
- Vodafone EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller now available on mobile broadband
- Holiday destinations across the Caribbean will be included in Vodafone WorldTraveller from 15 June
- From Portugal to Panama, Vodafone customers will be able to roam in over 60 destinations worldwide from only £3 a day with Vodafone EuroTraveller and £5 a day with Vodafone WorldTraveller
Vodafone today announced that its 4G service is now available in 58 destinations across the world, more than any other UK mobile provider.
Customers also will be able to take advantage of Vodafone WorldTraveller in more destinations than ever before this summer. From 15 June, 22 destinations, including the Caribbean islands of Antigua, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and Trinidad & Tobago, will join the eight destinations across the world already covered by Vodafone WorldTraveller. Pay monthly customers and business travellers on certain price plans, using their mobile, tablet and dongle in any of these 30 destinations can take their existing UK minutes, texts and data with them for just an extra £5 a day.
Customers travelling within Europe can use Vodafone EuroTraveller for just £3 extra a day. More than 2.5 million customers have chosen to opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller, so they can take their UK minutes, texts and data to anywhere in 40 destinations.
Vodafone EuroTraveller is available on all Pay monthly price plans and a wide number of business price plans. This means customers on Vodafone Red bundles – which include unlimited calls and texts – are able to call or text home using Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller, without worrying about unexpected bills. By opting in to either service, there’s no charge for receiving calls or texts and customers only pay for the days they use their device abroad. Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller are also available to customers using 4G whilst abroad, and from 1 June, mobile broadband will be added to both packages.
For more information on Vodafone’s offerings whilst travelling abroad visit vodafone.co.uk/travelling.
Notes to editors
- Destinations with 4G roaming: Antigua & Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand and USA. Vodafone UK roaming partner’s 4G speeds may vary due to coverage and demand.
- Vodafone WorldTraveller destinations: Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Island, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Egypt, El Salvador, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, India, Jamaica, New Zealand, Panama, Qatar, South Africa, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, USA
- Vodafone EuroTraveller destinations: Vodafone Europe Zone destinations: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey), Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark (inc Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, France, French West Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy (inc Vatican City & San Marino), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl. Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey
- Customers need to opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller. Terms apply. See Vodafone.co.uk/travelling. Pay monthly and certain business price plans only. A day is 00.00-23:59 local time of capital city for EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller. All out of bundle charges are the same as price plans in the UK.
- For customers who decide not to opt into either Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller there’s also a data spending cap of £41.29 (£36.40 from 1st July). Customers are sent free text alerts when they reach 80% of their monthly spending limit. Once the cap is reached, they will not be able to use the mobile internet overseas for the rest of the month unless they text UNCAP to 40209 or call customer services.