Vodafone UK has added Albania, Azerbaijan, Cambodia, Jordan and Mauritius to the destinations in which its customers are able to use 4G. This means that Vodafone customers can now use 4G in 63 destinations across the world, more than any other UK mobile provider, meaning faster access to data whilst travelling abroad.
That’s not all, customers can also opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller – whether on 4G or not – in more than 70 destinations across the world.
A customer can take their UK minutes, texts and data with them from just £3 extra a day. This means anyone on a Vodafone Red bundle – which includes unlimited calls and texts – can call or text home without worrying about unexpected bills. In addition, data usage costs the same abroad as it does at home. There’s no charge to receive calls or texts and customers only pay for the days they use their device overseas.
Vodafone EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller are both available on mobile broadband – great news for those wanting to take their tablet with them.
For more information on Vodafone’s offerings whilst travelling abroad, visit www.vodafone.co.uk/travelling
For more information please contact:
Vodafone UK Media Relations
Tel: 01635 666777
Notes to editors
- Destinations with 4G roaming: Albania, Antigua & Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand and USA. Vodafone UK roaming partner’s 4G speeds may vary due to coverage and demand.
- Vodafone WorldTraveller destinations (with 4G destinations highlighted in bold): Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Egypt, El Salvador, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, India, Jamaica, New Zealand, Panama, Qatar, South Africa, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, USA
- Vodafone EuroTraveller destinations (with 4G destinations highlighted in bold): Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey), Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark (inc Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, France, French West Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy (inc Vatican City & San Marino), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl. Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey
- Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller are available on all Pay monthly price plans and certain business price plans. Customers need to opt in. Terms apply. See Vodafone.co.uk/travelling. A day is 00.00-23:59 local time of capital city for EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller. All out of bundle charges are the same as price plans in the UK.
- For customers who decide not to opt into either Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller there’s also a data spending cap of £36.40. Customers are sent free text alerts when they reach 80% of their monthly spending limit. Once the cap is reached, they will not be able to use the mobile internet overseas for the rest of the month unless they text UNCAP to 40209 or call customer services.