- Vodafone’s Superfast Fibre broadband, delivering speeds of up to 76Mbps, and landline phone services are now available to small businesses across the UK
- Innovative new features such as SmartDivert to help manage calls; Beamforming technology, to send a stronger Wi-Fi signal to compatible devices wherever they are in the office; and Boost, which prioritises an individual device, will keep small businesses connected with their customers whether in the office or on the move
- Vodafone Business Superfast Fibre Broadband and Phone offers great value with 24 month packages starting from £30.99 a month (exc. VAT) covering broadband and line rental.*
Vodafone UK today launches its Superfast Fibre broadband service for the country’s small businesses. Vodafone Business Broadband and Phone will enable the UK’s small businesses to stay connected whether their employees are in the office or on the go, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Developed specifically with the needs of small businesses in mind, Vodafone’s new business broadband and landline phone packages offer a fast, reliable and secure service, all on its business-grade network. Vodafone will be offering customers great value 24 month packages starting from £30.99 (exc. VAT) a month for its fibre broadband and line rental*.
Vodafone, which already provides fixed and mobile services to critical organisations including central government departments, local councils, police forces, ambulance services and the NHS, understands the vital nature of business communications and the features that are important to the running of a business.
To address the needs of the nation’s small businesses, the service includes the clever, state-of-the-art broadband router, which uses beamforming technology to send stronger Wi-Fi signals to compatible desktop computers, mobile or tablet devices. The addition of the boost feature means business owners can prioritise signal to a chosen device, allowing employees to quickly download that important customer presentation or file. The service’s accompanying app enables the router to be controlled from a mobile device and also allows a business to manage who has access to its network through the easy-to-use guest Wi-Fi capability.
As it’s so vital for businesses to always be connected from wherever they are, there’s also just one number to call for broadband, fixed line and mobile service support, with Vodafone faults being rectified within just one working day where possible. The Smart Divert feature means a business can divert its landline calls to mobiles when out on the road and, for businesses that take out a Premium package, a brand new mobile Wi-Fi device with 4GB of UK data per month for 24 months is included too.
Phil Mottram, Enterprise Director of Vodafone UK said: “The arrival of Vodafone broadband for small businesses is exciting news for the UK. Superfast, reliable, secure broadband is absolutely essential to keep the country’s businesses in business. We’ve invested heavily in our own dedicated network of enterprise quality, fibre optic broadband and can now offer a broadband and landline phone package that’s feature rich with the benefit of enhanced service levels.”
There’s also the option to request a single static IP and, if multiple IP addresses are needed, they’ll be available as optional add-ons, ideal for the large majority of customers who use their IP addresses to connect CCTV cameras to a network, to host their own website, domain name or email servers, as well as allowing them to remotely access applications.
Following an investment of £2 billion in network and services over the last two years, Vodafone’s nationwide, fibre optic network already reaches exchanges which pass around 24 million premises across the UK. Vodafone has pledged to invest a further £2 billion in its network and services over the next three years.
The arrival of Vodafone Business Broadband and Phone packages follows the success of Vodafone Broadband and Home Phone, the company’s broadband service for consumers which was launched last year.
For more information about Vodafone’s Business Broadband and Phone Service, please visit: vodafone.co.uk/businessbroadband.
Notes to editors
*Vodafone Business Superfast Fibre Broadband and Phone 24 month package starts from £30.99 a month for line rental and broadband rental. Connection charges may also apply: new line provision £50.00 and /or fibre activation £40.00. Router delivery charge £6.99. All charges exclude VAT.
Vodafone Business Broadband and Phone is available from today and is aimed at businesses with up to nine employees. Key features include:
- Internet Everywhere: Being ‘always on’ is vital for businesses, which is why a mobile Wi-Fi device is included with all premium packages. Customers can connect up to five devices to it, use it when on the go, and they get a 4GB UK data allowance included per month for 24 months.
- Better support levels: Business quality support levels offers customers a dedicated support line to enable them to report any issue, with Vodafone faults being rectified within just one working day where possible. There’s also an eight hour fault target resolution time available as an optional chargeable add-on where Business Phone – Premier Support is selected.
- Increased call value: 24 month packages include 500 anytime minutes to UK landlines (01, 02, 03 numbers) and the premium packages include unlimited minutes to UK landlines (01, 02, 03 numbers) and mobiles (excludes premium rate numbers).
- Smart Divert: a feature that allows businesses to divert landline calls to their mobile ensuring they never miss a call while out on the road
- Static IP address: Single static IPs are available on request. If multiple static IP addresses are required, Vodafone can provide them as an optional chargeable add-on. Business customers would require a static IP address for a range of uses, such as to connect CCTV cameras, to host their own website or domain name server and email servers or to remotely access applications.
- Ultra-smart router and app: The router uses beamforming technology to send a stronger signal to devices and even has a boost feature to allow customers to prioritise signal temporarily. These features, along with allowing access to guest Wi-Fi and content control, can be controlled via a smartphone app.