WORRY FREE ROAMING THIS CHRISTMAS AS VODAFONE INCREASES WORLDTRAVELLER, BUSINESS TRAVELLER AND 4G ROAMING DESTINATIONS
- Vodafone EuroTraveller, WorldTraveller and Business Traveller now available in nearly 100 destinations worldwide
- More 4G roaming destinations than any other UK mobile provider with 73 worldwide
Vodafone has added 28 new worldwide destinations to Vodafone WorldTraveller, so customers who register for both Vodafone WorldTraveller and Vodafone EuroTraveller can take their UK minutes, texts and data with them to 98 destinations across Europe and the Rest of the World from just £3* extra a day.
The news means that customers with a Vodafone Red bundle, for example – which includes unlimited voice calls and texts – can contact home without worrying about unexpected bills. Also, data usage charges are the same abroad as they are at home including any out of bundle charges. There is no charge to receive calls or texts and customers only pay for the days they use their mobile device overseas.
What’s more, Vodafone Business Traveller has been extended to include 54 new destinations allowing business travellers on selected business price plans to also take their home price plan abroad to nearly 100 destinations across both Europe and the Rest of the World from just £3* extra a day. Australia, India and the UAE are now among the popular business centres under Vodafone Business Traveller.
Vodafone 4G roaming
Vodafone also added Turks & Caicos and Uruguay to its number of 4G roaming destinations. All Vodafone 4G customers – whether on Vodafone WorldTraveller or Business Traveller or not – can benefit from faster data speeds in 73 destinations – more than that offered by any other UK mobile provider.
For full details on all Vodafone’s offerings whilst travelling abroad visit vodafone.co.uk/travelling
For more information please contact:
Vodafone UK Media Relations
Tel: 01635 666777
Notes to editors
- * includes VAT where applicable
- Vodafone WorldTraveller destinations (with 4G destinations highlighted in bold): Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Lesotho, Mexico, Mozambique, New Zealand, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Suriname, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, USA and US Virgin Islands.
- Vodafone Business Traveller destinations (with 4G destinations highlighted in bold): Albania, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Canada, Canary Islands, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey), Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French West Indies, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy (inc Vatican City), Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal (incl. Madeira), Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain (incl. Balearic Islands), St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turks & Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, USA and US Virgin Islands.
- Vodafone EuroTraveller destinations (with 4G destinations highlighted in bold): Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey), Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark (inc Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, France, French West Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Italy (inc Vatican City & San Marino), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Madeira), Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl. Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey
- Destinations with 4G roaming: Albania, Antigua & Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turks & Caicos, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and USA. Vodafone UK roaming partner’s 4G speeds may vary due to coverage and demand.
- Vodafone WorldTraveller is available on all Pay monthly price plans and certain business price plans, whilst Vodafone Business Traveller is available to selected business customers. Customers need to opt in. Terms apply. See Vodafone.co.uk/travelling. A day is 00.00-23:59 local time of capital city. All out of bundle charges are the same as price plans in the UK.
- For customers who decide not to opt into Vodafone WorldTraveller there’s a data spending cap of £36.39 (excl VAT). Vodafone has also introduced new additional spending caps (£200 in Europe Zone and £500 in Rest of World) for its business customers who decide not to opt into Vodafone Business Traveller. Alternatively business customers can opt into the existing £36.39 data spending caps. With all Vodafone data spending caps, customers are sent free text alerts when they reach 80% of their monthly spending limit. Once the cap is reached, they will not be able to use the mobile internet overseas for the rest of the month unless they text UNCAP to 40209 or call customer services.
About Vodafone UK
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 57 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets. As of 30 September 2015, Vodafone had 454 million mobile customers and 12.5 million fixed broadband customers. For more information, please visit: www.vodafone.com.
Vodafone UK partners with businesses of all sizes - from start-ups and small businesses to the largest corporates and the public sector. The company has worked with UK businesses for over 30 years, starting out as a mobile provider and becoming one of the UK’s leading total communications partners. It provides a range of voice and data services, secure communications infrastructure, fixed and call centre capability, unified communications and was the first mobile phone operator to offer a truly converged service for fixed and mobile.
Vodafone is currently spending around £1 billion on its network and services across the UK following a similar amount spent last year. This includes £200 million on its network in London, the introduction of its 4G service to more than 642 cities and towns, as well as thousands of smaller communities whilst also making network improvements across its UK 3G network. Meanwhile, The Vodafone Rural Open Sure Signal programme is also aiming to bring 3G coverage for the first time to 100 remote communities across the UK.
Vodafone UKVodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN, England