Mum's the word with Vodafone's #FamilySquad
When Ali Met Tess and Sally – and they learnt how to game
- Vodafone’s #FamilySquad gives parents the skills to game with their kids and stay safe online too
- Superstar family gamer, Ali-A, runs special gaming bootcamp for Tess Daly and Sally Phillips
TV presenter Tess Daly and comedian Sally Phillips came face-to-face with Vodafone’s #FamilySquad gaming expert Ali-A and the pair picked up plenty of tips so that they can enjoy online gaming at home with their families.
Online gamer and YouTube and CBBC star, Ali-A, was chief coach for Vodafone’s gaming bootcamp. The mums were joined by family YouTubers Morgz Mum, Family Fizz and Gorgeous Movies. Watch all the action from the #FamilySquad bootcamp here:
The #FamilySquad received a fast-track coaching session in how to play current gaming sensation ‘Fortnite’, as well as some top tips for family gaming at home. These included advice on staying safe online and the importance of a home broadband with a guaranteed minimum speed.
Tess said: “If there’s one way of impressing my two daughters, it’s showing them the latest gaming tricks straight from Ali-A. It’s great to access something they love and do it together.”
Sally, who has three sons, said: “My kids love gaming but I was basically frightened of it. My middle son kept asking to play together as a reward so when Vodafone gave me the opportunity to learn to game from the best gamers around I leapt at the chance.”
Ali-A added: “The guys were great, and showed real promise – or at least they promised to pass on tips to their kids. One of the cardinal sins in gaming is dropping out of a game at a vital moment.
“So make sure you have reliable and superfast broadband. I recommend Vodafone because it guarantees a minimum speed.”
The Vodafone Home Broadband Ultimate Speed Guarantee is available across all Vodafone Home Broadband packages. The Vodafone Broadband app makes it quick and easy to check sync speed so customers always know what speed they are getting.
Vodafone UK CEO, Nick Jeffrey added: “We know how important speedy broadband is to the whole family. Gamers in particular need speeds they can rely on – the last thing you want is to have your win rate affected by slow speeds. Our #FamilySquad is here to show that with our Ultimate Speed Guarantee, you can rely on Vodafone.”
There were lots of laughs during the bootcamp but some serious messages too. One of Ali’s tips is to get involved with your children’s online games – if you know what they are doing you are better placed to help keep them safe. For more tips on safe online gaming and internet safety in general, visit Vodafone’s Digital Parenting magazine here: www.vodafonedigitalparenting.co.uk
Watch Ali-A’s Top 5 tips here:
Notes to editors:
- Find imagery and video free to download here: https://www.globalmediacentre.com/news/when-ali-met-tess-and-sally
- For Ali A’s top family gaming tips in video or infographic form, plus bootcamp images, film, b-roll and outtakes visit: https://www.globalmediacentre.com/news/when-ali-met-tess-and-sally
- The Ultimate Speed Guarantee is available from 1st March 2018. 18-month agreement, subject to credit check & availability. New and upgrading fibre optic broadband customers only, terms apply: visit vodafone.co.uk/broadband for further information.
- Superfast 1 (up to 38Mbps) guarantees a minimum speed of 25Mbps for £21/month and Superfast 2 (up to 76Mbps) guarantees a minimum speed of 55Mbps for £26/month. These prices reflect a £2/month discount for existing Vodafone Mobile customers who sign up for Vodafone Home Broadband service, worth £36 over the life of the contract. Customers who are new to Vodafone pay £23/month for Superfast 1 and £28/month for Superfast 2. From 1st March 2018 until 3rd April 2018, there is no delivery fee or any other upfront fee. From 4th April 2018, a £9.99 delivery fee applies.
- £60 new line installation and router delivery (£9.99) charges may apply (includes VAT). 18-month agreement. Subject to credit check, acceptance & availability in your area – check speed & availability at vodafone.co.uk/broadband. Vodafone Broadband app & compatible Android/iOS device required for full functionality. Payment by direct debit required. Speeds referred to are maximum download and upload speeds & may vary significantly by location & are dependent on equipment meeting min. specifications, being fully functional & working at full speed.
About Vodafone UK
Vodafone UK is part of Vodafone Group, one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone Group has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 49 more, and has fixed broadband operations in 19 markets. As of 31 December 2017, Vodafone Group had 529.1 million mobile customers and 19.3 million fixed broadband customers, including India and all of the customers in Vodafone’s joint ventures and associates. For more information about Vodafone UK, please visit: www.vodafone.co.uk
Vodafone UK partners with businesses of all sizes - from start-ups and small businesses to the largest corporates and the public sector. The company has worked with UK businesses for over 30 years, starting out as a mobile provider and becoming one of the UK’s leading total communications partners. It provides a range of voice and data services, secure communications infrastructure, fixed and contact centre capability, and unified communications, and was the first mobile phone operator to offer a truly converged service for fixed and mobile.
Vodafone UKVodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN, England