VODAFONE UK CUSTOMERS ABLE TO USE 4G IN 40 DESTINATIONS WORLDWIDE IN TIME FOR THE FESTIVE PERIOD
Vodafone UK customers will be able to take advantage of ultrafast 4G roaming in 40 countries with the addition of 17 destinations in time for Christmas and the New Year.
Antigua & Barbuda, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka and Thailand have joined the existing 23 destinations announced earlier in the year meaning that Vodafone customers will be able to use ultrafast 4G services and devices in more overseas than any other UK mobile provider. Fiji and Kuwait are expected to come on line before Christmas bringing the total to 40 destinations.
Pay monthly Vodafone 4G customers travelling to any 4G destination in Vodafone’s Europe Zone can take their UK minutes, texts and data bundle with them for just £3 a day with Vodafone EuroTraveller. Customers travelling to a 4G destination within Vodafone’s WorldTraveller Zone can take their UK minutes, texts and data bundle with them for just £5 a day*.
All Vodafone Red price plans come with UK unlimited calls and texts, so customers using Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller are able to call or text home, without worrying about unexpected bills. There’s no charge for receiving calls or texts on both services and customers will only pay for the days they use their mobile abroad.
Cindy Rose, Vodafone UK’s Head of Consumer, said: “Around four million people head overseas during the festive period so today’s news is perfect for those wanting to upload photos or videos of their celebrations to their social media sites or check maps online whilst on the move.”
Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller are available to pay monthly and small business plans customers, whether on 4G or not. For further information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/4g-abroad
Notes to editors
- Current destinations with 4G roaming: Antigua & Barbuda Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and USA.
- A day is defined as 00:00 to 23:59 local time of the capital city and Vodafone UK Roaming Partner’s 4G speeds may vary due to coverage and demand.
- Vodafone EuroTraveller is available to pay monthly and small business plans customers, whether on 4G or not, in 40 destinations, including: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovenia and Switzerland. For a full list of destinations visit www.vodafone.co.uk/eurotraveller
- Vodafone WorldTraveller is available to pay monthly and small business plans customers, whether on 4G or not, in eight destinations, including New Zealand, Qatar and USA. For a full list of destinations visit www.vodafone.co.uk/worldtraveller
- Customers are automatically opted in to monthly internet spending limits. Vodafone sends free text messages to let them know much of their monthly allowances they have used. Once they have reached their limit, they will not be able to use internet abroad for the rest of the monthly billing period, unless they choose to opt out. If customers opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller they are opting out of the spending limits. This is because they can use their UK minutes, texts and data in any of the included destinations for that plan (either Europe Zone or World Traveller Zone). However, if customers go outside of their UK allowance, they will be charged their standard domestic out of bundle charge. For full terms visit www.vodafone.co.uk/travelling
- Pay as you go customers can also opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go and use their existing UK price plan of voice minutes, texts along with 100MB of data, when they are travelling in Vodafone’s Europe zone, for £3 a day (midnight to midnight UK time). If they are in a country with Vodafone 4G roaming coverage they will also need a 4G phone and need a 4G enabled allowance to benefit from 4G speeds when using data. For more information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad
Vodafone UKVodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN, England
Vodafone UK Media RelationsTelephone: +44 (0) 1635 666777
Vodafone LimitedRegistered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN Registered in England No: 1471587