VODAFONE UK LEADS TELECOMS INDUSTRY IN OFFERING 30 DAY NETWORK GUARANTEE FOR CUSTOMERS
- Vodafone 30 Day Network Guarantee gives all new and upgrading mobile customers 30 days to try us, love us or leave us – with no strings attached
- The guarantee applies to consumers and small businesses buying any of Vodafone’s bundles or devices
- The commitment leads the industry and goes far beyond a customer’s statutory rights
Choosing a new network provider can be complicated – it’s a combination of a strong network with great coverage and impressive speeds with a cost that doesn’t break the bank each month. We know it’s a big decision to agree to any commitment lasting 12 months or more – so from today we’re introducing the Vodafone 30 Day Network Guarantee which gives new and upgrading customers the freedom to experience the strength and quality of our Network before they fully commit.
It’s a mark of confidence in our network and services – in which we’ve invested more than £2 billion since 2014. We’ve spent over £200 million in London during 2014 and 2015 to provide 99% 4G population coverage and our coverage is now unbeatable in 40 large towns and cities across the UK. We want every customer to feel they have made the right decision, so before they fully commit they can try out their new purchase and really put our network to the test. We’re confident that after 30 days they’ll know they’ve made the right choice.
Jeroen Hoencamp, CEO, Vodafone UK said “This industry first guarantee, for all new and upgrading mobile customers, truly puts the needs of our customers at the heart of our business. We’ve invested heavily in our network and services over the past few years so we’re now giving our customers the freedom to really test the strength and speed of our network across the UK and, if they’re not totally happy, they can come back to us within 30 days and we’ll cancel their agreement – no questions asked.”
The guarantee applies to all new and upgrading Pay monthly and Pay as you go bundles purchased through Vodafone direct channels, such as our 500 retail outlets, online shop and over the phone, so customers have the reassurance that if it’s not for them, they can return it to us, no questions asked.
More information on the Network Guarantee is available here: www.vodafone.co.uk/30daynetworkguarantee
– ends –
Notes to editors:
- Terms and exclusions apply. Available only on purchases from Vodafone directly on Consumer and eligible Enterprise bundles. Contract and out-of-bundle charges apply until cancellation. Refund may be reduced if returns are incomplete or damaged.
- Vodafone has expanded its ultrafast 4G coverage to 821 larger cities, towns and districts as well as thousands of smaller communities across the UK. For more information on our 4G coverage visit vodafone.co.uk/4g
- Customers can check Vodafone’s current and planned coverage at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/ournetwork-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/index.htm
- Coverage predictions are based on an assumption that Vodafone can obtain planning permission to build sites, access to land or buildings to place equipment and backhaul to connect sites
- Vodafone 4G is typically 3.6 times faster than our 3G. Speeds vary and depend on coverage and demand – for more information visit vodafone.co.uk/4g (Ookla 2015)
About Vodafone UK
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 57 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets. As of 31 December 2015, Vodafone had 461 million mobile customers and 13 million fixed broadband customers. For more information, please visit: www.vodafone.com.
Vodafone UK partners with businesses of all sizes - from start-ups and small businesses to the largest corporates and the public sector. The company has worked with UK businesses for over 30 years, starting out as a mobile provider and becoming one of the UK’s leading total communications partners. It provides a range of voice and data services, secure communications infrastructure, fixed and call centre capability, unified communications and was the first mobile phone operator to offer a truly converged service for fixed and mobile.
Vodafone is currently spending around £1 billion on its network and services across the UK following a similar amount spent last year. This includes £200 million on its network in London, the introduction of its 4G service to more than 821 cities and towns, as well as thousands of smaller communities whilst also making network improvements across its UK 3G network. Meanwhile, The Vodafone Rural Open Sure Signal programme is also aiming to bring 3G coverage for the first time to 100 remote communities across the UK.
Vodafone UKVodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN, England