VODAFONE UK REACHES 101 4G ROAMING DESTINATIONS
Vodafone UK can now offer customers 4G roaming in 101 destinations – more than any other UK network provider and just in time for the summer holidays. Great news for customers who want to keep in touch with family and friends whilst away or keep up with the news back home. New destinations include Argentina, Bahamas, Channel Islands, India and Jamaica.
Today’s news follows Vodafone’s introduction in May this year of worry-free, inclusive roaming in 40 destinations for all new and upgrading customers on Pay Monthly 12 & 24 month Red and Red Value bundles* – which is also more than any other UK network. The bundles include unlimited roaming calls, texts and picture messages as well as a generous monthly data allowance of up to 4GB to give customers greater peace of mind when using their phone abroad to upload photos or download local maps.
Throughout July and August, Pay as you go customers who purchase a Big Value Bundle** will also receive up to 100 texts, 100 minutes and 500MB of data to use whilst roaming within Vodafone’s inclusive roaming zone.
When travelling further afield, Vodafone WorldTraveller enables customers to use their UK minutes, texts and data for just £5 extra a day in 58 destinations worldwide so they can call home as often as they like whilst in such places as Australia, Brazil, South Africa or USA. A day is midnight to midnight, local time of capital city and there is no charge for receiving calls.
Working abroad has never been easier either. Vodafone Business Traveller offers worry-free roaming for customers on selected price plans. Business travellers pay the same as they do in the UK for their calls, texts and data from an extra £2.50 a day (exc VAT) in some of the world’s top business destinations.
Full details on all Vodafone’s offerings whilst travelling abroad is available at www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/
Notes to editors
- *Inclusive roaming: Available to new Pay Monthly 12 & 24 month Red and Red Value bundles customers. Includes a monthly roaming allowance of calls to standard mobiles and landlines, texts, picture messages and data within our inclusive roaming zone. 4G inclusive roaming is available in 34 destinations. For destinations included and charges if you opt into standard rates or exceed your bundle allowance see vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/.
- **Offer ends on 08.16 on the £10, £15 and £20 Big Value Bundles. For a list of countries, charges and terms, see www.vodafone.co.uk/travellingabroad. After the promotion ends, roaming will continue to be included on £30 BVBs.
- Destinations with 4G roaming (new destinations in bold): Albania, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey), Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, Faroe Islands, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lesotho, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Turks & Caicos Islands, UAE, Uruguay, USA, US Virgin Islands. Vodafone UK roaming partner’s 4G speeds may vary due to coverage and demand.
- Vodafone EuroTraveller is still available to customers on older price plans, providing worry-free connectivity in 40 destinations for just £3 extra a day. For a list of destinations visit vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/roaming_eurotraveller_map_pdf.pdf
- For a full list of Vodafone WorldTraveller destinations visit vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/pdf_worldtraveller_roaming_map.pdf
- For a full list of Vodafone Business Traveller destinations visit vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/roaming_biztraveller_map_pdf.pdf
- Vodafone UK and Vodafone Roaming Services recently won the “Accelerated 4G Roaming” award at the Global Telecoms Business Telecoms Innovation Awards 2016 gtbsummits.com/ehome/127701/Innovation-Awards/home/
- Europe zone pricing on Pay monthly from 23 July 2016
|Making a call to another country||4.6p a minute|
|Receiving a call from another country||0.9p a minute|
|Text message||1.8p a text|
|Data (including dongles)||4.6p a text|
|Picture message||4.6p a picture message|
About Vodafone UK
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 56 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets. As of 31 March 2016, Vodafone had 462 million mobile customers and 13.4 million fixed broadband customers. For more information, please visit: www.vodafone.com.
Vodafone UK partners with businesses of all sizes - from start-ups and small businesses to the largest corporates and the public sector. The company has worked with UK businesses for over 30 years, starting out as a mobile provider and becoming one of the UK’s leading total communications partners. It provides a range of voice and data services, secure communications infrastructure, fixed and call centre capability, unified communications and was the first mobile phone operator to offer a truly converged service for fixed and mobile.
Vodafone is currently spending around £1 billion on its network and services across the UK following a similar amount spent last year. This includes £200 million on its network in London, the introduction of its 4G service to more than 860 cities and towns, as well as thousands of smaller communities whilst also making network improvements across its UK 3G network. Meanwhile, The Vodafone Rural Open Sure Signal programme is also aiming to bring 3G coverage for the first time to 100 remote communities across the UK.
Vodafone UKVodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN, England